Monday, June 25, 2012

About those prints on eBay......

There has been a rash of print purchases on eBay including a record $51 paid at auction by one intrepid bidder for the important Ukrainia panel shown above. Thanks!

While the sale of prints barely covers my ink costs I do appreciate them as an indication of your support for this project. Please keep it up! And remember: when you buy a print your surname goes on the list of potential names for Map features! A mountain! A lake! A whole parish!

For the record, original Map panels are also available at $320 for first generation and $80 for subsequent iterations. Signed four by five-foot billboard vinyl blow-ups can also be had at $600. If you are interested please let me know.

5 comments:

  1. You're welcome, Jerry! Keep up the great mapping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jerry. I found your work a month or two back and am a big fan of your work, both the pieces and the process.
    I am also an artist, and I've experimented with 'random' generators in my work; dice, cards, I-Ching, etc. I'd love to know more about your card deck and how you came to use it.
    Please take at look at my site and feel welcome to contact me via my personal info found there- thanks
    sjn
    http://www.sjnelson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sean!

      I took a look at your work, and I really liked the collages. Keep it up! Say, care to contribute a guest panel to my Map???

      Delete
  3. You should sell prints that are a series of panels together. Like a 4x5 or larger. The works by themselves are interesting, but I think if they were a larger piece, even an entire parish, they might sell better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Robert! Take a look at my newest post. I have, in the past, sold sets of custom-ordered prints (12 to my neighbors in Cold Spring and a set of 35 to Rick DeVos, the founder of ArtPrize.)

      Delete